Subject: Re: Hardware list corrections
To: Christopher Collins <chris@ecomserv.net.au>
From: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/01/1999 18:28:51
On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Christopher Collins wrote:

> at the moment, I've been running it with a PMAG-BA that Marc was kind
> enough to loan me, and I'm about to get serious on hacking up the fb
> code for JA support.  If anybody has already got a "Start" on this,
> could they please contact me :)  Also, I can't ship this hardware out,
> because it still technically belongs to the ANU!  Oh well... I'll have
> to do ;)

There already exists a wscons driver in sys/dev/tc/tfb.c - although Toru
says this isn't field tested. If you want support for X or rcons (the
current console), you'll could backport it. Taking a look at tfb.c and
sys/arch/pmax/dev/cfb.c would be a good place to start.

There really shouldn't be too much work involved, just a lot of
cut-and-paste. Ask me if you want help.

Andy.