Subject: Re: additional devices...
To: Megan <mbg@world.std.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/31/1999 13:39:59
>I have one of the AV01B (Lo-Fi) boards and the external box (DECaudio)
>that I would be willing to *loan* to someone if they are interested
>in working on support for NetBSD...  (I also recently got another of
>the AV-series boards for turbo channel, but the number didn't stick
>with me, so I can't mention it here)...

Hi Megan,

I have a LoFi and a driver that works just fine with the DEC CRL
`audiofile' (AF) package.  It's stalled on reworking the driver to
match the /dev/audio interface, and on me being clueless about how to
map the dsp and am79c30 codecs onto a bus topology.  But at least I
now know the words to `Texas, Oh Texas'.

If anyone wants to rototill the AF-api driver into /dev/audio format,
contact me.

>I also have a PMAG-D, PMAG-E, PMAG-J, DEFZA and DEFTA that I would
>be willing to loan as well... so long as I get them back...

The TC DEFTA FDDI board with the `pdq' is fully supported on both
Alpha and pmax. The DEFZA (fddicontroller 700) card with DMA input and
PIO output (or is it the other way round?) is not yet supported. I
have one, but its the only FDDI card I have.

I have a PMAG-E and PMAG-F omewhere, I just need more time and more
free TC slots. I'd also be happy to test a loaner PMAG-J and do any
necessary development.  Longer-term, we really need one in a
developer's hands for release testing and development.  Donation of a
PMAG-J would be much appreciated; AFAIK none of the developers have one.