Subject: Re: ROM problem.
To: None <mhudson@home.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/28/1999 17:28:34
>> In that case it may be much easier to dd the uncompressed diskimage.tgz
>> (in pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.3/pmax/installation/diskimage ) file onto the
>> start of a disk and use that to install NetBSD onto your DECstation.

I don't think this actually works.  The diskimage seems to want to be
in a partition that's offset 32768 bytes into the disk (e.g. where the
"b" swap partition would be on a standard install.)  I tried to dd it
onto an "a" partition last night and boot from it.  It would not boot,
and fsck complained about being unable to read block numbers that were
offset into the "b" partition.

Cheers,
entropy