Subject: Re: Executable Formats
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/26/1999 09:27:15
[[ Wow, 7 days for this message to make it through our corporate mail gateway! ]]

David Evans wrote:

>   Thanks for the info.  Seems that I was mostly right; good to hear about the
> "grand scheme" for the bootblocks, too.

Just about committed.  See another message from me soon on port-pmax.

>   Well, not much has changed for me either, except that the February snapshot
> seems to be quite a bit more reliable.  At one point I had a 2100 and this
> 3100 so I could do some debugging but even then I had only one monitor cable
> so it was a royal pain to switch back and forth.  Maybe in the next few months
> I'll procure another box and use it for builds.

You can try running one of the machines headless and plug the serial
console into one of the other serial ports.  This is how I've got my
test 3100 hooked up.  It also makes it _much_ easier to copy those error
messages with a cut'n'paste.

>   Or I could make a cross environment on my Indigo R4k and have a "virtual"
> /260.  :)

I beleive (but am not sure) there are problems with shared-library
support in cross-compile environments, but kernel compiles should be
fine.

Simon.