Subject: Re: Adding new harddrives
To: Michael Moll <kvedulv@kvedulv.chiemgau.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/23/1999 19:14:13
Michael Moll wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have some questions regarding harddrives on a 5k/240:
>
> Can every SCSI-Drive be used in this machine? We think about adding a new
> 18.1GB-Drive. Are there any size-limits?

I can't think of any limits off hand.  There _may_ be a problem with a
root filesystem larger than 2GB (I don't know what the prom can handle,
and I don't have a large disk to test on).  I've currently got a 20GB
filesystem on a 10x2GB ccd working fine, so an 18.1G filesystem won't be
a problem at all.

> We have also a TC-SCSI Controller lying around. What device-nodes does such
> an adapter use(rz??).

The motherboard controller uses rz0-6, the first TURBOchannel controller
uses rz8-14.  I don't think we've got support for a second or third
controller at the moment, but it's easy to hook in support (just edit a
file or two).

Simon.