Subject: X server coredump and bootup question
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <cameron@mail.earth.monash.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/23/1999 14:34:57
G'day, our department just scored 11 decstation 5000/25's and they work
fine except for....

  * They dont autoboot. They stop and ask a question before getting to
    the rc.local 'enter password or return to go multiuser' or
    something like that. How do I stop this and make them just boot?

  * Also the Xserver dies sometimes. Running WindowMaker
    off a remote host (linux, i386, redhat 5.2)
    does it __everytime__, and some applications cause it to die (i
    havnt started to list them all).

Its so cool that it works so easily. I love the netboot install!
Way to go! I am muchly impressed! :) If they end up being stable-ish
Xterms or whatever then its an great effort to reuse these boxen.

Now I just need to get my head around the package system and install
some shells with history completion ;) :)

(Gee I know why Dec went to alpha's though ;)

cheers,
cam

--
 / `Rev Dr' cameron.blackwood@nod.zikzak.net    skeptic, virtual goth, poly \
< [+61 3]  9905 4881[w]                  Linux, Unix, python, genetics, nets >