Subject: PX/PXG test kernel ready
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/17/1999 14:49:38
I've put up a test kernel (GENERIC) at:

	 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/ad

Only an a.out version is there. I'd seriously appreciate it if people
with one of the targeted cards can test this, particularly the
PMAG-{DA,E,F,FA}, since I've no way to test 24-bit/3D card support.
Should work flawlessly on the PMAG-{C,CA}.

This is incomplete, but useable. Full rcons support is provided. The
driver and modified rcons sources are up there FYI. Be aware that px.c is
not something that I'd commit; it needs to be cleaned up. There are also a
whole bunch of other changes around the kernel, too insignifcant to post
up.

I figured out why the keyboard input was getting screwed. I spent *hours*
trawling through the kernel and scratching my head, until I booted single
user and it worked fine. 'ttyflags' was screwing it up. My stupidity; I've
been running off a 1.3.2 userland because I haven't had time to pull down
a snapshot and recompile. Doh!

Enjoy,
Andy.