Subject: Re: FYI: new snapshot for testing. Needs new bootblocks.
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/16/1999 15:31:53
On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 04:06:12PM -0800, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> There's a new userland snapshot, for testing purposes, built from
> Saturday's sup souce, on ftp.netbsd.org in the usual place.
> I still need to rebuild and update the kernels; I may end up just
> re-building from today's susp source.

Does this mean that the transition to mipsel is finished, and the gnu
sources will build?  [1] Or am I stuck sucking down a new snapshot?  [2]
Guess it wouldn't hurt to try.  :)

[1] I'm referring specifically to a "can't set BFD default target to
    `--netbsd': Invalid bfd target" error I've been getting since
    around Feb 20th or so...
[2] I'll get a 256kbit DSL connection by the end of the year, but until
    then I'm stuck at 26.4k or so...  :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "NT is mute because it is fundamentally broken, period.  That any
                 hardware works on that OS is amazing."
     -- Jacob Hawley, Sr. Manager, Custom Engineering, Creative Labs