Subject: Re: 5000/133 won't boot recent kernels
To: None <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/14/1999 00:47:42
>From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
>Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:27:08 +1100
>
>> I have a 5000/120 (upgraded to 5000/133)
>
>This is a 5000/133 then!  The only differences between a /120 and a /133
>is the CPU board and the little detachable badge on the front.

Right, note the Subject: line :-).  I just like to state things like
that explicitly, so that people won't say to me after several days of
thrashing, "If only you had told me in the first place that it was an
upgraded machine..."

Anyway, Jonathan had me try a few things, including your newer
bootblocks, and a kernel built from yesterday's sources.  So far, no
luck...

Meanwhile, I'm taking Jonathan's advice and pulling down 1.3.3 so that
I'll have a better chance of being able to compile and test kernels on
my own.

Cheers,
entropy