Subject: PresoServe: Anyone interested in writing a driver?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/07/1999 20:25:59
Hi,

while digging through the pile of DEC stuff that has accumulated over
the past months, I came accross 2 PrestoServe NVRAM boards. Sometime
last year there was a short thread about these beasts. Now, since it
looks like I would need a license for the Presto-Driver (which I don't
have :-() to use it under Ultrix , they are virtually useless to me -
unless someone would like to try to write a driver for NetBSD :-)

I offer one of these boards to anyone who steps forward to give it a
shot. Ultrix 4.5 detects and diagnoses them to be OK, but without a
license (or a NetBSD driver) they are currently not very useful :-).
Just drop me a line if you want one and we may be able to work something
out.

later,
Marc