Subject: Re: test kernel coming soon...
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: None <apr@spade.apc.aip.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/07/1999 14:30:34
Hi,

> I'm building a test GENERIC kernel with those changes, and I encourage
> everyone who can to try FTPing and booting the kernel, and reporting
> what it says for the CPU speed and DELAY constants both early during
> boot and (on a pmax) just before configuring SCSI bus(es).

Just gave the kernel a try on my Decstation 5000/200 with serial console
and without mouse. This is what it says (from written notices - so minor
errors are mine - and omitting the obvious things):

?RTC
Starting at 0x80030000

mcclock: iters 12184 computed MHz 33 instrs per usec=19

Copyright ...
  [NetBSD]
Copyright ...
  [Regents of the Univ. of California]