Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax future projects
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/03/1999 12:53:23
Hi.

>  - Desktop Bus driver for Personal DECstation
>    It can be regarded as flexible two way communication channel
>    sending and receiving packets between host processor, LK501
>    keyboard and VSXXX-GB mouse.  This implies 'dtop' driver have
>    to be smarter than conventoinal serial connection folklore.
>    (But, unfortunately, intermediate driver must emulate LK201
>    key sequece anyway)

My idea was, to have a state automata for LK501 by extending existing
dev/dec/lk201_ws.c, not to generate LK201/VSXXX-GA byte stream to feed
them upper layer by making 'dtop' a serial chip masquerade.  Runtime
keyboard layout identification would be a cool feature.  (Hi, Matthias,
I will send you the proposed design of lkkbd_softc/vsxxx_softc.)

Tohru Nishimra