Subject: writing bootable drive for a DECstation 2100 or 3100 box
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/01/1999 10:03:10
I was trying to bring up Netbsd on a DECstation 2100 and 3100 this
weekend.  I used a sun3 box to write the netbsd-1.3.3 pmax diskimage
to both either the root or swap partitions on drives set up on the sun3.
When ported to the DEC boxes, they would not boot.  I sense the disklabels
are not exactly right, possibly.   Anything I might do differently to
set up the disks or make them readable by the DEC boxes?

When written to the swap partition, and trying to boot it errored out
with a boot block fmt error.

When written to the root partition, and trying to boot, it errored out
with some register dumps(?) that seemed to indicate it did not like
reading something.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Keys