Subject: DECStation 3100 SCSI port
From: Douglas S. Meade <doug@inforum2.umd.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/24/1999 22:16:43
Hi,

I'm trying to get NetBSD installed on one of my 3100s, and I haven't
yet been successful with the net boot, although I've got this to work
with both DS/25 and DS/240.  I do have some spare external SCSI disks
with working NetBSD systems however.  But I can't seem to find a cable
to hook to the port on the back of the 3100.  The port is male, with
68 pins.  I contacted several mail order places, such as ComputerGate,
and Dalco, to see if they had a SCSI cable available for this type of
connector, but no luck.  What's the normal procedure to hook up a
disk to one of these fellows?

Doug