Subject: Re: rcons glue for new driver
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/22/1999 11:56:30
Hi.

> I need a little advice on the new PX/PXG etc. driver. This won't work with
> rcons (since it's not a raster device) without quite a bit of hacking to
> rcons, and since rcons is used for more than 1 platform, it seems like a
> bad idea. Do we actually keep a 'localised' version in the pmax tree?

I think the answer is no.

> Furthermore, the driver seems like an *ideal* candidate for wscons, which
> has hooks for accelerated boards. As far as I remember, this would require
> a rewrite of the lk201 stuff. What's the situation here?

MI z85C30 based wscons kbd/mouse drivers are imcomplete but in useful
state for 3MIN and 3MAX+.  Consult 'M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de' about
this subject.

For PX wscons integration, it'd be a good start point to exploit
'sys/dev/tc/cfb.c';

	s/cfb/px/g
	s/rop_/stic_/

Then build STIC version of raster console routines for px_emulops and
hack px_intr().  12x22 'gallant19' font is readily available.

Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology