Subject: Re: PMAG-CA data structures
To: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/14/1999 20:49:00
>The opcode for rectangle is 1041, scroll is 1029 (it's pleasing to be
>able to say that after so long ;). It can only scroll 255 rows at a time.

Great.  I think. (how do we scroll one line of text at a time?)

>All the init code we have for the bt459 and STIC seems complete, in fact
>from what I've seen so far, the STIC init code that we have came from
>ULTRIX. I'm certain of it.

No, in fact, it comes from putting a logic analyzer on the TC-board
connector pins (a trick Dave Boggs showed me).  And possibly from
seeing and then re-writing some freely-distributable Mach source code.
I think there's a comment to that effect in the source.

I dont have ultrix source for the PMAG-C or px/pxg framebuffers.

And (thanks to Adobe) I now have a monitor which works with the PMAG-C
which someone (I forget who) so kindly sent me, so maybe I can help
out with the rcons-end glue.

The X server is a whole 'nuther kettle of fish, though.