Subject: DEC HD's - a question.
To: port-pmax@netbsd.org <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <mjbedy@mtu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/13/1999 13:27:15
   Hello again, got a question for you SCSI guru's out there:

   When I got my DECstation, a whole pile of internal drives and one
external drive came with it. The external drive has just been sitting
around waiting for a use. Now I think I've found an (odd) use for it,
but I need some advice.

   I have an old Atari STe (remember those?) that was my first real
computer (I'm still in college now, so about Jr. High I got it.) For
misty nostalgia reasons I would like to hook the external SCSI drive to
it. I have found someone selling an old ACSI-to-SCSI adapter for $25.
and I would would jump at the chance if the following conditions are
met:

   1) It will not work with drives that require 'parity.' It will only
work with 'non-parity' drives. and:

   2) It will not work with drives that require 'SCSI Initiator'
support.

   The drive I have is an RZ55-FA 300meg OLD monster of a drive. My
knowlege of SCSI is nil, so I would really appreciate it if someone
could answer the above questions.

   Thanks in advance!

          - Mike