Subject: Re: Monitors
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/12/1999 14:25:58
> A friend recently lent me a VRT16-HA for an indefinite
> period.  According to the Personal DECStation manual, this monitor
> should work on the 5000/25, but I'm getting nothing but static,
> as if it were not running at the right frequency or something.
> Should this monitor work with the Maxine?  If not, does that indicate
> it's not working?

According to VRT16 specification sheet (included in EK-VRT16-TC-001,
December 1991), VRT16-HA is a dual frequency monitor that copes with
both of 66Hz and 72Hz refresh rate.  It seems consistent with what
Personal DECstation 5000 User's Guide notes.  Are you sure you
connected 3 BNC cables in right connectors?

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology