Subject: Re: New pmax -current snapshot
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/10/1999 15:11:47
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:14:38 +0900 (JST)  Toru Nishimura wrote:

> I tried the 'netbsd.ecoff' image, and my MAXINE unit sucessfully
> booted it.  The PROM version is 'KN02-CA2.0m'
>
> However, the same unit failed to boot with a.out 'netbsd' populated
> in the root filesystem while loading the image;
>
> 	Size: 96006+2141472   (fails to proceed, then)
> 	>>
>
> It seems the boot loader problem.

I didn't think -current had the changed bootblocks enabled, but I may be
wrong.  It's possible Jonathan had a set of my bootblocks in place at
the time he build the snapshot though...

I've only just (like the last hour or two) found a problem on 3100's
with the current code and I've confirmed that they work on a 3100, a
/240 and a /260.  I can send you some boot blocks to test if you want
(and it'll help me too!).

Simon.