Subject: pmax snapshot with new binutils coming soon...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/06/1999 19:41:02
Hi all,

Now that a) the 32-bit-clean vs 64-bit-clean changes,
         b) the new binutils, gas and ld
	 c) strtod

are all squared away, I'm building a snapshot using the above, from
today's sources, primarily for the benefit of those who don't have
access to a fast machine to rebuild everything.

Once that's done I hope to look at re-enabling Haifa on mips.
strtod.c was the only thing I found which broke when compiled with
Haifa enabled. I'm interested to hear opinions on the wisdom of doing
that for the upcoming 1.4. release, or to wait until after 1.4 before
turning on Haifa `by default'.