Subject: Re: Console problem w/ 1.3.3
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jonathan Woytek <woytek@duq.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/05/1999 11:51:59
Are you running a serial console or a hardwired console?  I've been running
a serial console on a 5000/240 for quite some time now under 1.2, and it
exhibits a similar problem (though it is easily fixable in my case).  On my
box, the console PROM starts out in 8-n-1 mode.  Once the OS boots, the
console is in 7-e-1.  Not a big problem--I just get into the settings on my
vt and change the comm mode.  I am almost positive that there is an easy
fix for this, but I just don't have time to find and implement it (the box
is in a remote location).  :)  Good luck..

jdw