Subject: Re: DECsystem 5000/200
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jeffrey A. Webb <mustang@eel.ufl.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/29/1999 14:16:32
> Jeff, can you try exiting sysinst and enter the following two commands:
>
> 	cp /etc/disktab.preinstall /etc/disktab
> 	echo "# comment" >> /etc/disktab
>
> and see what happens?

I think we're closing in on the problem...

When I try the first line, the system hangs.  I can still see characters
echoed from the keyboard, but everything's dead.  I did some
experimentation and discovered that I can copy small files, but not larger
ones.  Copy works on a file of size 6012, but fails on one of 6022.
There's about 35M left on my Linux nfs server and it can copy the same
file with no problem.  Are the Linux and NetBSD totally compatible in
terms of nfs?

Jeff