Subject: Re: Pre-release 1.3.3, gdb/r4k & mouse woes
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lantz <rlantz@cs.stanford.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/25/1998 00:17:20
Good point. I had installed the 10/25 snapshot in the hopes that gdb would
work - it does, somewhat, but now the mouse driver seems to freeze
frequently, which is frustrating. I don't know of a good way of resetting
the (mouse, serial controller, or whatever else is required to un-freeze the
pointer!) I was looking at 1.3.3 in the hope that the gdb and mouse problems
might be fixed. I guess it's time to start looking at some code, and
hardware manuals, in my spare (?) time. Cheers,

Bob

p.s. I also built a more recent kernel, but it died a horrible death
in the depths of uvm, so I am going to stick with 10/25 for now!