Subject: Re: Pre-release snapshot of NetBSD-1.3.3 available
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/18/1998 23:37:53
On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Simon Burge wrote:

> At the moment, I believe there's only one know bug: A machine with the
> `dc' serial driver (the 2100, 3100 and 5000/200) will hang during boot
> if it's using a serial console.

I hope this gets fixed for the real release?  :)

>  + RTC offset adjusted to cope with 1999.

Any y2k gotchas?

>  + Support for non-DEC (block size != 512 byte) CDROM drives.

And hard drives != 512 byte sectors?  I have an old maxtor that seems to
be fixed at 1k sectors, which NetBSD doesn't seem to be able to deal with
at all.  It'll see the drive when the machine boots, but refuses to
partition or format.

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
      "a man is not judged by cpu cycles alone.  it's *floorspace* and
             *tonnage* that counts!" -- Skeezics Boondoggle