Subject: NetBSD-1.3.2 and X-Server Configuration...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/11/1998 15:09:01
Hi there,

I successfully installed NetBSD-1.3.2 on a DECstation-5000/240 and a
DECSTATION-5000/33, and managed to get X running on the latter too.
Then I installed the wmaker-0.6.3 binary package from netbsd.org
and it basically runs, but I experience some strange things.
I get `spontaneous' mouse-clicks now and then when I'm just
moving the mouse, and a bit worse: I cannot type text into windows!
I only manage to type into an xterm when I enable `Secure Keyboard'
from its menu. Is there a configuration file for the Xserver somewhere
(like XF86Config)? I couldn't find it. Any ideas? I've started compiling
the packages I need now, instead of using the pre-compiled ones.
I hope that improves things, but I actually wouldn't know why it should.

Any help or pointers appreciated...

{ Feico Dillema,                                                        }
{ University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands }
{ Install NetBSD as first step in your MS-ware 12-step recovery program }