Subject: Re: odd scsi errors when booting on my 200...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/10/1998 10:44:51
> Im trying to get netbsd onto a 5000/200 ive got sitting at home. I managed
> to get the miniroot onto a small (100meg) scsi disk, by just cat'ing it to
> the scsi drive under linux. Now when i boot it all seems to go fine, but
> does this:
> Beginning old style SCSI device autoconfiguration
> asc_intr: IN dmalen 6 len 4 fifo 2
> asc_intr: 1: bn0 len4 (fifo 2)
> asc0 tgt 0 status 0 ss 0 ir - cnd 0:118 msg 0 resid 0
> [repeated about a screenful of times]
> Is it something to do with not running 'disklabel' and just cat;ing the
> image to the drive?

Seems no. ASC driver complains when it tries to communicate with the
drive.  PROM disk driver succeeded in reading the boot block then boot
loader in turn succeeded in reading disklabel and loading /netbsd
kernel image from your disk.  The worst case would be that your drive
don't cope with NetBSD/pmax ASC driver.  Double check the SCSI cabling
and terminators (try most converative ways).  Could you show us cnfg
output?

Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology