Subject: Re: more 3100 help?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/29/1998 16:59:06
> I thought I had successfully installed
> 1.3.2 onto my 3100 last night and it may very well be but when I
> attempt to boot the installation I get a set of errors that
> mean nothing to me. I installed netbsd on an rz55 that is device rz2.
> I attempted to boot up with: boot -f rz(0,2,0)netbsd-1.3
>
> when I do that I get the following rather quickly:
>
> Boot: rz(0,2,0)netbsd-1.3
>
> Excptn:     <vtr=UTLBM>
> Excptn pc:  0x0
> Creg:       0x2008<CE=0,IP6,EXC=RMISS>
> Sreg:       0x300800000<CU1,CU0,CM,IPL=8>
> Vaddr:      0x0
> Sp:         0x801fff18
> exit(-1)

There is no boot loader message at all.  It's possible to be
missing/corrupted boot block.  Try to boot the 3100 up with standard
installation procedure, then run disklabel(8) command at single user
mode shell;

1. save current disklabel.

	# disklabel rz0 >/LABEL

   If you are complained by the command like;

	disklabel: boot block size 0
	disklabel: super block size 0
	disklabel: partition a: partition extends past end of unit
	disklabel: warning, unused partition c: size 2734996 offset 0

   This means nothing available in the disk, i.e., you failed NetBSD/pmax
   installation.

2. then install boot blocks.

	# cd /usr/mdec
	# disklabel -R -B -b rzboot -s bootrz rz0 /LABEL

   disklabel(8) will be terse when successful.

Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology