Subject: Re: Profiling timer expired?
To: Toru Nishimura <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/18/1998 19:20:32
On Oct 19,  9:29am, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> >>I believe I've just fixed it (mips/mips_machdep.c rev 1.37).
> >>It seems that this was caused by use of uninitialized memory
> >>for the u-area, so it depends on previous use of the machine's
> >>physical memory.
> > Was this a problem for 1.3.2? If it is, could you fix it (looks like
> > its in pmax/pmax/machdep.c) and submit a pullup request for 1.3.x too,
> > please?
> No.  1.3.3 release tree is not infected by this because NetBSD/pmax
> did bzero() USPACEs by itself inside its mach_init() routine.

  That bzero() got lost when Jason moved the mips-specific TLB initialization
code out of machdep.c into mips_machdep.c.  I have been carrying that bzero()
in my local patches ever since then, but did not ever get any confirmation
that it was required.

Michael L. Hitch
Computer Consultant
Information Technology Center