Subject: Re: Mounting the root fs rw
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Alfred Arnold <alfred@ccac.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/13/1998 20:48:35
Hi altogether,

I've experienced similar trouble with a NEC CDR83 not wanting to mount
anything on a DS3100.  Reading from the raw device works, but I can't
mount an ISO CD.  Maybe NetBSD/pmax doesn't like CD-ROMs with 2K sector
size? (my CDR83 definitely uses 2K sectors since it came from a DOS box,
and it doesn't have a jumper to change this).  On the other hand, my Sun
3's running NetBSD 1.3 perfectly deal with both sector sizes...

As we're just talking about CDROMs, does anyone have a working audio
CD-player software for NetBSD/pmax.  On a 5000/240 with an RRD42 drive
(mounts ISO CDs perfectly, it definitely uses 52 byte sectors...), I
tried to compile xmcd with LessTif.  Works perfectly, except that xmcd
constantly tells me there is no disk in the drive :-(

Alfred Arnold

Alfred Arnold                         E-Mail: alfred@ccac.rwth-aachen.de
Computer Club at the                  Phone: +49-241-406526
Technical University of Aachen        Fax:   +49-241-406527
topics: Turbo-Pascal, UNIX/NetBSD, Switch-Mode Power Supplies

"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge