Subject: Re: How to install Ultrix 4.0 on a DS 5000/2xx ?
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/22/1998 22:22:39
--==_Exmh_2010390286P

In message <199809220059.JAA22421@axp46.aist-nara.ac.jp>you write:
> > Does this "ancient" [ 4.0 ] version of ULTRIX support the
> > /2xx DECstations?
>
> ULTRIX 4.0 is PRETTY old.  When our site bought DECstation (model 25s

True.  I have only 4.3 on Tape flying around here.  Does anyone know if it is
legal to redistribute copies of them to holders of a 4.0 license?

> There were two ULTRIX, for VAX processor and MIPS processor.  As far
> as I can remember now most (not all) of TK50 tapes had "RISC"
> disigination on labels.

That's what I have.
I do have:
Ultrix and UWS V4.3 (RISC)
* BOOT/UPGRADE
* SUPPORTED SUBSETS Volume 1
* SUPPORTED SUBSETS Volume 2
* UNSUPPORTED SUBSETS
ULTRIX DEC Windows V4.3 for OSF/Motif 1.1.3
OPEN SCSI CAM for ULTRIX V4.3 (RISC)
DECNET ULTRIX V 4.0 RISC

> Your DECstation is a valuable hardware, and NetBSD is the OS for it.
> You will find the hardware is useful with it.

And maybe you would like to install Ultrix only to install NetBSD.
For me, I would like to have a bootable NetBSD tape...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_2010390286P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNggHD7A63tqjeAhZAQE61AQAnAE0Dc4sb/laSgm+1Sd6ks4QxbMS97M2
sQLQHs1657kKDPNQlG4LVONbcWu57BR2r2fI6aAketIgh/EuCfbYG6qUyACMszPi
j5f9cMgPjjnlkW7HtwF0ljTydJbcz3TrZhIzEXSMppi5+PvD42Kd1DIVkhb5AQFx
hV8Qvz7r6pE=
=RnXz
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_2010390286P--