Subject: Prestoserve NFS "accelerator" ?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@triplan.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/14/1998 14:46:57
Hi !

I just received a truck-load of DECsystem 5000/200 and /240 and while
inspecting the boxes I found some very "funny" card sitting in the last
memory-slot of some of the boxes... These cards have some RAM, a bunch
of PALs and a battery on them. From their position in the system and
what I was able to "squeeze" out of the net so far I think those are
these "funky" Prestoserve NVRAM option modules... Can anyone confirm
this ? The part#s on the board are:

	5020947-01-B1 (on the edge of the side with the RAM)
and
	5420948       (on the back of the board)

Can anyone confirm my assuption on what kind of board this is or tell
me what it really is ? The most important question for me is if it
interferes with NetBSD on these machines or does NetBSD simply ignore
it... If anyone knowledgeable enough would like to write a driver for
it I'm more than willing to part with one :)

Oh, while at it: I read on the port-pmax Homepage that a /240 can be
upgraded to a /260 with a "daughter-board". Am I correct to assume
that if the CPU is on a seperate module that the system has been
upgraded ?

MTIA,
Marc
(buried under >20 DECstations ;)