Subject: Re: Which is the default cdrom blocksize?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/04/1998 18:42:46
Hi.

> I'd like to know which blocksize I have to use on a cdrom attached to
> a Personal DECstation 5000/33 with NetBSD 1.3.2.

I have "RRD-42 Disc Drive Owner's Manual, EK-RRD42-OM-001, First Edition,
February 1991" at hand.  It describes RRD42 mode select jumper setting
in page 2-4;

	Mode 0 - the drive operates ... with a block size 2 kilobytes.
	Use mode 0 under MS-DOS and SCO UNIX operating system.

	Mode 1 - ... When the jumper installed, the drive operates ...
	with a block size of 512 bytes.  Use Mode 1 under VMS and ULTRIX
	operating system.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology