Subject: Missing _mips.mk in gnu/usr.bin/gdb ?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@triplan.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/01/1998 08:21:15
Hi !

First of all a big thank you to all who have made NetBSD happen on the
DECstations :-) I've just picked up a bunch of these "birds" (one is a
5000/25 and two 5000/200) and the install went rather smooth after I
convinced FreeeBSD's bootp to talk to me :-) Once I had the kernel
running it was a breeze to label the disk and un-tar the distribution
onto the disks. Again - nice work !

But... (Why does there always seem to be a 'But...' ? :-)

I have some trouble with my last sup of "current"... A "make build"
falls over flat on it's face when doing a "make cleandir" in the
directory "gnu/usr.bin/gdb", where it complains about a missing
"_mips.mk", there is only a "_mipsel.mk"  :-( Now, are the DECstations
"MIPS with the 'wrong' byte-order" ?, i.e. can I just take that one
and create a link ? I've just checked the CVS update logs of the last
10 days or so and can't find where it may have disappeared. Any pointer
is appreciated :-)

Another thing: With the 1.3.2 kernel the machine with a TZ30 will just
crash and re-boot when I do something like a "tar tv". When using a
kernel built from last fridays 'sup' the tape works but xdm seems to
wreak havoc on the console keyboard mapping, i.e. I get wiered results
from pressing keys, like it prints '7' when I press 'r' :-( I can
rlogin to the box just fine and all seems to be well - it's just the
console that get's mangled :-(

Any help is appreciated :-)
Marc