Subject: Re: le0: lost carrier?
To: Jorgen Pehrson <jp@spektr.ludvika.se>
From: Reiner Buehl <reiner@asta4.rz.fh-ulm.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/21/1998 14:44:18
First of all sorry for the last mail that had only quoted text. Sometimes the
mouse is faster than the brain... :-)

I had the same problem with le0: lost carrier on a DECstation 5000/33.
It the machine had lots of other problems like sudden reboots and core dumps
and such things. After removing RAM all problems where gone!
The strange thing is that it didn't matter which RAM modules where
removed! None of the modules seemed to be damaged. Could it be a
problem with the kernel? The problems started after the update
from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2? If got no idea why the problems are gone.

--

MfG Reiner.

Reiner Buehl                         Internet:
P.O. Box 100324                      reiner@asta4.rz.fh-ulm.de
70747 Leinfelden-Echterdingen
Germany