Subject: Re: A quick X question.
To: Jason Henry Parker <henry@freezer.humbug.org.au>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/20/1998 11:29:47
On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Jason Henry Parker wrote:

> This has bugged me for a little while now, but I'm setting up a friend's
> pmax to be a workstation, so I want to have it fixed.  My credibility
> is at stake!  :)
>
> The up- and down-arrow keys on my LK401 don't repeat under X.  Even

I'm 95% certain that the reason is that the LK201/401 lets you set key
repeating by programming a certain hardware register in the keyboard.
Last time I looked at this, it was hard coded to not have that key repeat.
As far as fixing it, I'd like it too, but unfortunately I have too much
other stuff to do.

If you want to try and mess with programming, get the sources for the X
server and take a look at:
http://www.mit.edu/~mcmahill/NetBSD/pmax/LK201/lk201.html

Somewhere (I really have no idea where now) in the X server code, LK_DOWN
gets set for the group which has the arrow keys.

Hope this helps a little..

--Dan