Subject: Re: asc_get_status error?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/19/1998 13:35:07
On Aug 19,  1:00am, mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> Tonight I got (during a very large compile), a console message:
>
> asc_get_status: cmdreg 11, fifo cnt 7
> rz0: Illegal request
>
> Is this a bug, or is it an indication of pending doom with my hard drive?
>
> Its NetBSD-1.3.2/pmax, DECstation 5000/200,

  The 5000/200 SCSI seems to get these errors.  I've got several changes
to the ASC driver that fixes or works around several problems I've been
able to duplicate.  The changes are in -current, but did not make it into
1.3.2.

  If you can rebuild your kernel, I can provide you with the changes and
I would welcome any feedback on how well those changes work.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant