Subject: RE: C++ compiler wackyness.
To: 'port-pmax@netbsd.org' <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Harald Bjoroy <harald@bitcon.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/13/1998 00:19:05
You are quite right!

I tried a very small test app "mytest.cpp", which defined a class, then
used it.

Straight to segmentation fault.

This test is so small that it can't contain errors, also it builds &
runs immidiately on my i486.

Maybe the compiler must be rebuilt? It would seem like the ++ libraries
are bad?

Would a newer compiler build? (are the compilers implemented without the
use of c++?)

The kernelbuild use no cpp, and that must also be true for the other
packages leading up to compiling moc too. Moc is using c++.

I'll stay tuned!

Harald.