Subject: RE: C++ compiler wackyness.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Harald Bjoroy <harald@bitcon.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/12/1998 23:22:32
I am experiencing something alike on my pmax; I am trying the brave
experiment of making KDE for the pmax (I believe it will look pretty
ugly on my monochrome screen if I can get it working but...)

The first evident problem comes when making the QT package from the
package system.

The first trouble I got was that the compile stopped several places, it
seemed like the patches from pkgsrc had failed horrobly (I am using
/etc/mk.conf to specify localbase and xbase and such).

After editing the makefiles so that they compile (including adding
-L/usr/lib and -ltermcap) the app fails. This app is moc of the
QT-system, which is just processing header files to produce moc_xxxx.cpp
files (no screen handling or magic).

I am not experienced in debugging on NetBSD, but when I tried, gdb tells
me it gets SIGSEGV immediately when I use the run command, no code - it
is charmingly suggesting that it is a bug in gdb...

I also just upgraded to 1.3.2, and built my own kernel (without
problems).

I am about to dig into it now, but if there is an  easy clever answer; I
would appreciate getting it before I use too much time on it.

Regards,

Harald.