Subject: Shared memory.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mjbedy <mjbedy@Oakland.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/23/1998 22:59:18
  Hi again,

  I was just wondering (I can't remember if it's been discussed before),
but has anyone else noticed that SysV shared memory appears to be broken?

  I had noticed earlier that whenever an Xclient tries for shared memory,
the server bombs on a call to the kernal shared memory functions.

  Likewise, the current version of perl (both pkgtool and from source) seg
faults on shared memory access. (I THINK it's in a call to ipc_get, but
gdb is being a pain) Perl also dies, BTW, in another one of there test
files. I don't know if it's the same cause as this, though.

  Anyway, thanks

   - Mike

  (I'm running 1.3.2)