Subject: Write boot label from a sun running linux.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Corwin <ecorwin@fas.harvard.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/23/1998 00:28:38
Hi,

After finally getting my 5000/120 to boot I am faced with the task of
installing NetBSD on it.  The only computer capable of writing to a scsi
disk that I have is a sun sparc-classic running linux.  However, I was
unable to get the disklabel program to compile under linux.  I don't
think that net-booting is an option because my computer has the
KNO@-BA V5.7j prom which apparently can't handle tftp booting (coincidently,
does anyone know where I could find an AUI to rj45 transcevier?  Could I
just use a mac 9 pin transcevier and wire the pins to the 15 pin connector
or is it more complicated than that?).  So my question is is it possible to
use a linux machine as the "helper" machine for the NetBSD install and if so
how?

Thanks alot,
--Eric