Subject: Re: make on -current [ again ]
To: Yiorgos Adamopoulos <adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/15/1998 17:05:54
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Yiorgos Adamopoulos wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 03:28:37PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > If you get "opt_XXX.h: No such file or directory" errors, re-config. The
> > opt_ headers are generated by config.
>
> Lately I have asked a lot of questions on this matter (kernel config) and I
> think that a FAQ or some other kind of document is missing.  If such a beast
> exists please point me at it.

I'm not aware of one. :-(

> [ all I want to do is be able to run mrouted- it is the only line that I change
> from the GENERIC copy ]

Right. But you're tracking -current. Each time you re-sup the source, you
might have to re-config your kernel. It might be that you don't have to
change the kernel config file itself, but you still have to run config.

I think the rash of defopt'ing has slowed, so you won't have to re-config
too often.

Take care,

Bill