Subject: Sane c++ environment...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Palmer <tom@netherhall.cambs.sch.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/09/1998 13:15:04
Hi,

  This might be an FAQ but I couldn't see anything about it the mailing-list
archive. Sorry if it is...

  I have recently installed NetBSD-1.3.2 on a decstation 3100 and would like
to get KDE running. As some of you may know KDE is written in C++. If I try
the command 'g++ -s' in order to test the c++ environment it gives this
error:

  /usr/lib/crt0.o: In function `__start`:
  crt0.c(.text+0x164): undefined reference to `main`

  Does anybody have a sane c++ environment on NetBSD-1.3.2/pmax or on
NetBSD-current (ie. they can do 'g++ -s' and get no errors)?

  If -current fixes the problem exactly how do I go about upgrading the
relevant parts from -1.3.2 to -current? Come to mention it what are the
relevant parts to upgrade or should I just move to -current?

  Thanks in advance,

  Tom
  Tom Palmer,
  Webmaster, The Netherhall School,