Subject: Re: PMAG-C and PMAG-D/E/F status
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/03/1998 15:02:33
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 21:03:44 -0700 (PDT)  Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Both this suggestion, and Simon's of /etc/uerf -Rr 300|grep PMAG | head -1
> worked for 4 of 6 cases. Unfortunatly the other two are the servers, and
> have rolled their logs (I guess). The only -r 300 line I see is:
>
> uerf version 4.2-011 (17)
>
> Is there somewhere deterministic that the log would have gone?

Usually, the logs go in /var/adm/syserr/syserr.<hostname> (or
/usr/var/...).  Does just plain "uerf" without any arguments show any
logs at all?  There should be an "elcsd" process running - if there
isn't one, start it and you may be lucky enough to still have the boot
messages in the kernel's error log buffers.  AFAIK, log rolling doesn't
happen automatically...

Other than that, next time the machine is down, type "cnfg" at the >>
prompt.  (They're 5000 series machines?).

Simon.