Subject: Re: PMAG-C and PMAG-D/E/F status
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/02/1998 21:03:44
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

> On Jul  2,  8:22pm, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> >
> > > I need to get a monitor that works with the PMAG-C card I have before
> > > I can make any further progress with it.
> >
> > I asked Jonathan this earlier, and I'll ask everyone else.
> >
> > Does someone know how, under Ultrix, I can find out what kind of monitor
> > is in a machine? We have a bunch of Ultrix 4.2 machines which I'm pushing
> > to move to NetBSD. I'd like to make sure the video cards will work, first,
> > though.
> >
> > xdpyinfo will tell me what the current resolution is, and supported modes.
> > But it doesn't say what video card it's using. :-(
> >
> > Suggestions?
>
>   /etc/uerf -r 300
>
>   This will display the devices configured during startup.  The fun part
> is trying to identify the display device and map it to the video card.

Both this suggestion, and Simon's of /etc/uerf -Rr 300|grep PMAG | head -1
worked for 4 of 6 cases. Unfortunatly the other two are the servers, and
have rolled their logs (I guess). The only -r 300 line I see is:

uerf version 4.2-011 (17)

Is there somewhere deterministic that the log would have gone?

Take care,

Bill