Subject: PMAG-C and PMAG-D/E/F status
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/02/1998 18:31:58
Someone asked privately about the PMAG-C and I thought I should let
the list know, in case others are interested:

The short answer is there's no signficant change.  I found some
partial information on the card late last year, and added a skeleton
driver for the PMAG-C, just enough to handle interrupts so that PMAG-C
cards need not be pulled.

Unfortunately, nobody has enough info to write an Xserver, so someone
needs to write code to emulate the Ultrix "ws" API for
Xserver-to-kernel access (not to be confused with NetBSD's "wscons").
I have that partly done, but for the cfb driver.

I need to get a monitor that works with the PMAG-C card I have before
I can make any further progress with it.