Subject: Re: scsi id 6
To: Yiorgos Adamopoulos <adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/01/1998 17:48:29
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Yiorgos Adamopoulos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today I finished installing my 4th DECstation (one more to go) with 1.3.1.
> This one has a SCSI HD (fireball 1G) at SCSI ID 6.  Although the disk was
> visible by (the long-gone now) Ultrix and still is when I >>cnfg 5, /netbsd
> refuses to see it, so I cannot use that disk!

The current scsi framework on port-pmax has hard-coded device types per
ID. ID's 5 and 6 were hardcoded as tape drives in 1.3(.1). I think either
if you change the ID to something else (like 2, 3, or 4), or if you move
to 1.3.2, which had all devices coded as disks by default, you'll be fine.

Take care,

Bill