Subject: Re: 1.3.2 DS3100 X questions
To: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/30/1998 21:59:55
>I've got my DS3100 happily running 1.3.2 now (yay!) and I'm working on
>getting X to run. I don't have the luxury of bunches of disk on this box,
>so I want to leave the xfonts compressed and use the xfs approach to
>running X. Upon starting xfs though, I'm seeing the following (after about
>a 1 minute wait):

There seems to be a race accessing /dev/console.  A workaround is to
do "set -m" in /etc/rc before starting xfs.

Or you can kill the Xserver that's wedged trying to acess xfs; second
and subsequent Xservers work fine.

I still dont understand exactly what the race condition is; it'd be
nice to come up with a proper fix.