Subject: CDROM support
To: Paul Callaghan <pcallagh@medicine.adelaide.edu.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/26/1998 00:57:04
[snip]

>I've setup netbsd on macs and sparcs before and found it to be really
>good. When I tried the pmax Netbsd (1.3), I had lots of problems. I
>did get it going in the end,

It'd be nice to hear what the problems are, so we can fix them.  The
instructions with 1.3.2 should be significantly better, btw.

>The cdrom is fine, as I can mount cd's from ultrix (but with no
>support for rock ridge extensions, getting files off it is a pain). I
>can mount other scsi drives with no problems too, on bsd and
>ultrix. Does anybody know a solution?

The 1.3 kernel was configured for tapes on SCSI ids 5 and 6.  That's
fixed in 1.3.2.  Grab a 1.3.2 distribution or the patch file, and it
should Just Work.  (An RRD42 works fine for me on unit 4.)