Subject: Re: config fails
To: None <apriebe@aip.de, port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/21/1998 11:57:34
On Jun 21,  7:34pm, apr@spade.apc.aip.de wrote:
> on a DS5000/200 with current as of today a config GENERIC (and config
> with a config-fiel which worked previously) fails:
>
> > config GENERIC
> GENERIC:14: tc* at mainbus0 is orphaned
>  (no mainbus0 declared)
> GENERIC:8: kn01bus* at mainbus? is orphaned
>  (nothing matching mainbus? declared)
> GENERIC:2: kn230bus* at mainbus? is orphaned
>  (nothing matching mainbus? declared)
> *** Stop.
> >

> Any idea? YES - I did make install a new config with current!!!

  You will need to add a couple of lines to the config file:

mainbus0	at	root
cpu*		at	mainbus0

  These used to be in std.pmax, but apparently aren't supposed to be in
that file.  They were deleted from std.pmax, but never got put into
the GENERIC config file.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu