Subject: Re: 1.3.2 packages now available.
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/22/1998 11:39:25

   I assume the pkg people are working on the differences, but maybe it'd
   help to post a list of

        a) the packages which are actually broken, and why
           (are there any  reasons besides "elf shared lib lossage"?)
        b) for the other 70-odd packages which dont build, the packages
   	 which they depend on.

   both so the users know what to expect, and also to focus efforts on
   repairing packages (or even re-building busted lib packages by hand.)

that will come when the list has been compiled.

   Please correct me if I'm wrong, but these are built for 1.3.2 and so
   won't run on 1.3.1 systems without ld.elf_so, right?

correct, unfortunately.  NetBSD 1.3 and 1.3.1 for pmax should probably
be deleted or at least the ld.so in them removed from the distribution
and ld_elf.so added...

.mrg.